The New Jersey Leadership Program’s fellowship program offers South Asian youth the ability to engage in and learn about local government through a summer internship with their local Mayoral Office, District State Legislator or the Governor’s Office. This internship is supplemented by a weekly speaker series, networking events, field trips and career mentoring workshops. Additionally, fellows are expected to complete a civic engagement project by the end of their fellowship that strives to make a positive social impact in their community. The fellowship program is open to high school and college students.
- Must be of South Asian descent
- Currently enrolled in high school or college
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Be able to commit to a full-time schedule (Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) to summer internship placement
- Be able to attend all supplementary training and events organized by NJLP (including weekly speakership series on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM)
- The NJLP Summer Fellowship Program is unpaid. Fellows can apply for travel stipends on an individual basis if needed.
Six Weeks (July 5th to August 10th)
February 16, 2018 (Applications accepted on a rolling basis)
If you meet all the requirements, please apply here.